Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Another Year Begins

I suppose this 'headline' ought to wait for the First Sunday in Advent. That's when we have our Happy New Year parties.

But as most parents reading this have figured out, I'm refering to the school year.

Not that, for us homeschoolers, the school year ever 'ends' and 'begins' cleanly (by 'cleanly' I mean at one defined point. Our schooling is never clean, what with crayons, paint, bits of hamster litter, scissors-and-anything-they've-attacked - including the dog - and the worst foe of all, cuisinarre rods which scatter and multiply).

I guess we ought to 'start' today, as the neighbor's children trudged off to school this morning.

Thus a trip to the library is in order today. And to the park. I wonder if we ought to go to the Museum? Maybe tomorrow.

I love homeschooling.

2 comments:

John R.P. Russell said...

In the Byzantine Catholic Church, the New Year was September 1st.

Mindi said...

Well I was close! :)